SUPER MATTE PANELS
MDF CORE (substrate)
MDF Super smooth, low surface variance TSCA TITLE VI certified | AVAILABLE SIZES: 49" x 97" and 49" x 121"
EUROPLY CORE (substrate)
SPECIES: Poplar (9 Ply 18 mm) | GLUE LINE: PHENOLIC (Exterior, No Urea Formaldehyde) | AVAILABLE SIZE: 49" x 97" Long Grain
PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate
PVC, the common material other high gloss and matte finish panels are constructed from are not as stable and environmentally friendly as PET. The plasticizers in the PVC create toxic fumes when burnt and they also migrate causing discoloration of other materials that they are in contact with. Plasticizers present in PVC can cause leaching. MIRLUX’s PET panels are safe, inert, non-toxic and chemically neutral. No off-gassing occurs during lamination of the PET roll stock to the MDF due to using a cold process with PUR (polyurethane) adhesive. Once MIRLUX is installed, the PET surface is hygienic, stain resistant and keeps its color when exposed to UV rays.
PET (Polyester – Polyethylene Terephthalate) film with a 10 micron SSR (super scratch-resistant) coating. The PET is co-extruded as .4 mm film that is roller laminated with PUR adhesive that results in a water-resistant seal that won’t delaminate and allows MIRLUX to have the smoothest surface possible.
Super smooth, low surface variance TSCA Title VI Certified medium-density fiberboard (MDF).
EDGE: Hot Air Edgebanding is applied without adhesive. Made of polypropylene, it melts and bonds with the substrate and fills in voids and pits to result in an encased, water-resistant seal. Super Matte faces with matching edgebanding give the look of a continuous painted surface without cracking, peeling with an easy-to-maintain surface. Our High Gloss edgebanding has a reflectivity of 91° and super matte a 4°.
- Standard melamine in matching color
- Standard white melamine
- Same material as face (Matching PET)
Super Matte Specifications
|Matte level*||4°||Viewed at 60°|
|Mass - MR MDF CARB2||2.8/ft2 (91lb per panel)||Viewed at 60°|
|Scratch Resistance||D.4 N (Force scale .1-10 N)||DIN EN 15186|
|Stain Resistance||No change after 30 minutes||NEMA|
|Surface Distortion||<235° C | 455° F||NEMA|
|Bond Strength||100% Fiber Split|
|Backing||Color matched textured white melamine backing. Matching MIRLUX high gloss or matte finish available as an option|
* MIRLUX Super Matte surface rates 4° on the Surface Reflectivity Scale. A rating of 4-6° is considered the lowest gloss level achievable.
In-stock size options:
- 18.5 mm thick, 49″ x 97″ sheets with protective film* (matching color melamine back)
- 18.5 mm thick, 49″ x 121″ sheets with protective film*(matching color melamine back)
- 1/4″ thick, 49″ x 97″ sheets with protective film*
- (matching color melamine back)
- 5/8″ thick, 49″ x 97″ sheets with protective film*
(white melamine back)
- 20 sheets per skid
Made to order thicknesses:
- Custom thicknesses available by request
- High Gloss
- Super Matte
- MDF (medium-density fiberboard
- 18.5 mm EuroPly (in super matte finish only)
- 3/4″ Particle board (in white super matte only)
- Finishes: High Gloss, Super Matte to match surface finish
- Thickness: 1 mm
*PROTECTIVE FILM: The finished board stock or component parts comes with a protective peel coat. Once removed this leaves no residue.