(Short answer: PET Laminated MDF Panels)
MIRLUX Premium Panel with its sleek, modern surface, available in high gloss or super matte finish with a color richness with depth and clarity, is a sustainable, low maintenance, durable and scratch resistant solution for kitchen and bath cabinets, interior casework, closets furniture, wall panels, retail fixtures and displays and other vertical surface applications.
MIRLUX is constructed of PET (Polyester – Polyethylene Terephthalate) laminated to super smooth, low surface variance TSCA Title VI Certified medium density fiberboard (MDF). The surface PET is co-extruded as .4mm film that is laminated with PUR adhesive that results in a water-resistant seal that won’t delaminate and allows MIRLUX to have the smoothest surface possible.
MIRLUX is the highest-quality premium PET panel on the market.
• High-gloss finish: With depth of color with a mirror-like finish, our .5 mm thick PET surface results in a more reflective and ripple free surface (standard product thickness is .1-.3 mm).
• Super Matte finish: Features rich color and a luxurious, soft texture. Our .4 mm thick surface results in a smoother more luxurious feel and look.
• Super Scratch Resistant (SSR) Coating, a hard coat finish for excellent scratch resistance
• Impact and shatter resistant
• Water resistant
• Hygienic, does not promote bacterial growth
• Stain and UV resistant
• Won’t crack, peel, flake, or delaminate
• TSCA Title VI certified MDF substrate
• Safe, non-toxic and chemically neutral, inert material
• PVC and BPA free
• No Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
• Made in the USA
• Less expensive than acrylic
Why PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)?
PVC, the common material other high gloss and matte finish panels are constructed from are not as stable and environmentally friendly as PET. The plasticizers in the PVC create toxic fumes when burnt and they also migrate causing discoloration of other materials that they are in contact with. Plasticizers present in PVC can cause leaching. MIRLUX’s PET panels are safe, non-toxic and chemically neutral. Once MIRLUX is installed, the PET surface is hygienic, stain resistant and keeps its color when exposed to UV rays.
PET (Polyester – Polyethylene Terephthalate) film with a 10 micron SSR (super scratch-resistant) coating. The PET is co-extruded as .4 mm film that is roller laminated with PUR adhesive that results in a water-resistant seal that won’t delaminate and allows MIRLUX to have the smoothest surface possible.
Super smooth, low surface variance TSCA Title VI Certified medium-density fiberboard (MDF).
Hot Air Edgebanding is applied without adhesive. Made of 1.2 mm polypropylene. The base layer melts and bonds with the substrate and fills in voids and pits on the edges to result in an encased substrate (water-resistant) to the matching surface to the panel face. Super matte faces with matching edge banding give the look of a painted surface without cracking, peeling with an easy-to-maintain surface. High gloss edgebanding has a reflectivity of 91° and super matte a 4°.
- Standard melamine in matching color
- Standard white melamine
- Same material as face (Matching PET)
In-stock size options:
- 18.5 mm thick, 49″ x 97″ sheets with protective film* (matching color melamine back)
- 18.5 mm thick, 49″ x 121″ sheets with protective film*(matching color melamine back)
- 1/4″ thick, 49″ x 97″ sheets with protective film*
- (matching color melamine back)
- 5/8″ thick, 49″ x 97″ sheets with protective film*
(white melamine back)
- 20 sheets per skid
Made to order thicknesses:
- Custom thicknesses available by request
- Super High Gloss, Super Matte
- Finishes: High Gloss, Super Matte to match surface finish
- Thickness: 1.2 mm
*PROTECTIVE FILM: The finished board stock or component parts comes with a protective peel coat. Once removed this leaves no residue.